Below you can find questions frequently asked by the customers of the Graffiti printing shop. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, feel free to contact us. We’d be happy to dispel any doubts.
Screen printing is one of the most commonly used printing techniques. It’s perfect for both individual and high-volume orders. Printing is conducted by pumping paint with a special screen with small openings. i.e. a screen printing matrix. Some openings are closed during printing, which allows for creating a specific pattern.
Screen printing is currently conducted with state-of-the-art machines based on solventborne paints and UV technology. This ensures exceptional print durability. Screen printing has a broad range of applications in many branches of the industry. Our Graffiti printing shop specialized in printing for the household appliances, consumer electronics and automotive industry. Moreover, the machines used at Graffiti reduce toxic compound emissions.
Screen printing requires proper matrix preparation for every color. “Manufacturing preparation costs” involves:
- preparation of printing blocks and punchers,
- shining printing blocks,
- exposing screen for every color,
- preparing paints and mixing the right color,
- ordering punchers,
- conducting printing.
- FSC Certification® (Forecast Stewardship Council®) licence number FSC-C151 572 certifies the use of raw materials obtained in a responsible way, respecting natural resources. Our products are made using paper from certified sources. We also meet the requirements related to maintaining FSC chain of custody.
- ISO 9001 Certification confirms meeting the requirements of the standard and constitutes proof for the company’s continuous improvement. The Quality Management System allowed for achieving higher productivity and product quality level. The ISO 9001 Certification issued by the BIS Certification Body reflects dedication to continuous improvement.
- ISO 14001 Certification certifies that the company acts in a sustainable and environmentally friendly manner. It constitutes a systematic method for practical integration of environmental aspects and management through supporting environmental protection, preventing environment pollution, minimizing waste and reducing energy and material consumption. We implement processes to reduce pollution. The ISO 14001 Certification issued by the BIS Certification Body certifies that the Graffiti printing shop operates in accordance with international environmental protection standards.
A technical card is important at every stage of the manufacturing process. It allows for efficient project implementation and order monitoring in accordance with the requirements and procedures accepted by both the customer and the manufacturer.
The basis of our activities is the Quality Policy, executed through continuous improvement of the Quality Assurance System pursuant to PN-EN ISO 9001:2015. FSC Certification certifies that orders are fulfilled in accordance with the rules on respecting natural environment. The order fulfillment procedure also meets the requirements set forth in the safety standards for the international market, which is certified by the UL and IATF-16949 certification.
One detail can have up to over a dozen of colors. Please note, however, that every additional one increases the price and manufacturing preparation costs. This affects the necessity to separate individual elements and paints. Each of them constitutes a separate file in order to create the ordered label with small openings of different color and intensity.
- UV paints used for screen printing feature low silicone content; they are intended for manufacturing labels, front panels and control panels, as well as PVC, PC, PET and PMMA decorative elements. They are perfect for printing on various surfaces. The paints are hardened with UV radiation.
- Solventborne paints are used for surface printing and lamination. They are used for printing on packaging and cardboard, paper, foil and aluminum products and laminates. Solventborne paints are also used for PVC, PC, PET and PMMA decorative elements.
- Paints with special isolating or conducting properties for manufacturing elements of touchscreens and control panels for consumer electronics and household appliances industry. They can also be used for PVC, PC, PET and PMMA decorative elements.
- Metallic or pearl paints in any color, perfect for PVC, PC, PET and PMMA decorative elements.
- Approved paints that meet safety standards and can come in contact with food. They can also be used for PVC, PC, PET and PMMA decorative elements.
- Paints containing silver particles intended for printing on any material. They are also used for PVC, PC, PET and PMMA decorative elements.
- Thermochromic paints with a special pigment that remains uncolored in neutral temperature ranges. They are also perfect for printing PVC, PC, PET and PMMA decorative elements.
- They are also used for PVC, PC, PET and PMMA decorative elements.
General rules: Files should be in .pdf format. Otherwise they will be assessed individually to confirm whether printing is possible.
System: Remember to prepare proper bleeds (3 mm on each side) and safe margins. Do not use printing markers other than cutting lines. If the file contains transparencies, it should be flattened.
Color: File graphic should be prepared in the CMYK color space. Do not attach output profiles or fix ICC profiles. Black graphic elements and texts should only consist of K – 100% component.
Texts and lines: Fonts should be fixed or replaced with curves.
Raster graphics (bitmaps): Photographs and graphics should have the resolution of 300 ppi or higher and be saved in 8-bit color depth.
Personalized prints: Remember to attach the file with variable data (.xls format). Preview file can be delivered in any closed form. In case of numeration include numeration scope and format.